Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Todd!!!

Today, Todd turned 32. Although he had to work on his birthday, I think overall he had a great day. Once he finally got home from work, we surprised him with his favorite steak dinner, and then he opened birthday presents, with the help of Gavin. I bought some "trick" candles to put on his cake, but they didn't do what they were supposed to..I was so disappointed. I attempted an ice cream cake today, haven't ever tried it before (at home..I've made tons of them while I worked at Baskin Robbins when I was younger), and was nervous about everything freezing enough so I could decorate it. But, it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!..although the whip cream didnt' stiffen up...so I didn't get to use that...oh well.






Gavin's helping Todd try on his new relaxin' pants...

I love how he does silly things just to make Gavin and I laugh. He's such a great dad!





At the risk of getting all sappy, he really is the best person I could have picked to be Gavin's father. I definitely feel that the Lord had a hand in helping us find each other. He is such a great example to both Gavin and myself, and I find myself trying to be more like him everyday. I am so grateful to have Todd in my life, and can't imagine what life would be like without him.
Happy Birthday and we love you Todd!

2 comments:

Carlin said...

Gavin is getting so big! I can't believe it!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Awww Jodi that was really sweet! Nice cake! How's the pregnancy going? Sure miss you!